Saturday, December 22, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
When I moved to the Bay Area in 1992, Three years after the 1989 Earthquake that shook and emptied out a lot of San Francisco, the Bay area still had retained it's role as beacon for the United States Punk culture from the 1980's - the dotcom boom hadn't transformed the city so rent was cheap and people congregated here from all over the US to work at punk Institutions like Maximum Rock'n'Roll ( Where Sarah reviewed records under the moniker "Mick Krash"), see and Make bands and play at 924 Gilman Street have their records distributed by, volunteer time or just hang out at Blacklist Mailorder and Epicenter, and maybe try to get a job or record deal with Lookout Records or Mordam Distribution. Sarah's Bands touched on and were part of the evolution of all of those Bay Area standbys and were a constant within them, and later her bands became a cornerstone, if not part of the foundation of Goleta, California's vital Ebullition Records Label and distribution who released Sawhorse, Torches to Rome, Bread and circuits, and most recently a retrospective of one of her most short lived, but most loved projects, the frenetic 1990's hardcore band John Henry West.
One thing: Posting a bunch of Youtube clips of Sarah band's fails to capture is the lyrical intent of the bands Sarah did never waivered, it grew more political, it grew more emotional and meaningful in that intent with each band. That something that MP3's and grainy live video don't often carry over- the impact of the lyric sheet and artwork that conveys that and seals that deal. In the past ten years or so, a lot of punk has sloughed off it's 90's political impact, I think Sarah's projects retained an as fervent fanbase as much for great music as it's unwaivering committment to it's progressive ideals.
If you read MRR every month for years before moving halfway accross the country, there's something comforting about the familiarty of " Oh yeah, I've read that person's name in the shitworker column of MRR" when meeting a whole new slate of people, and Sarah was always very welcoming and incredibly friendly in a way the Apparent anger in his bands might not suggest. As years went by and people from that 90's scene faded into having real lives, moving away and moving on, there was always respect and joy when I'd run into her. "Yeah still at it." The Bay Area Punk scene has changed a lot since that time, but it's still gigantic enough to support a wide variety of compartmentalized micro-scenes that can go a year or two without criss-crossing.
Sarah worked Organizational Service jobs to get by ( Hilariously, One of the things I remember was going to his place in the Mission in the mid 90's and seeing the way she neatly folded and stored her t-shirts band design out- so they could be easily chosen for wear, and it's how I've folded and stored my band T-shirts ever since.), but the more important focus was she always had new band projects going, records coming out.
A brief stint on 2 Ep's of the Aaron Cometbus envisioned "Pinhead Gunpowder" is one of the first things people have mentioned in rememberances, and indeed the gruffness of Mike's vocals and searing guitar was obviously absent as a contrast and counter balance to Billie Joe from Green Day's vocals/ Playing once she left the band. Really, the Second Pinhead Gunpowder "Fahizah" 7" is one of the greatest Gilman Street era / Lookout Records ( even though I don't remember ever seeing the band around the time it came out), because the Scruffy punkiness of the early "Gilman Sound" of Crimpshrine and Monsula gets cleaned up and filtered with pop-punk sheen of Green Day but is then cut with Mike's abrasive and assertive vocals which gave Aaron's lyrics great resonance.
I regret Not seizing more opportunities to see Sarah's more recent bands of the last ten years- Please Inform the Captain This is a Hiijack, Baader Brains and the Mothercountry Motherfuckers, who's musical motifs retained a lot of the classic Kirsch moves but the scale grew more ambitious with video projection, interesting Devo / men's recovery project-styled costumes and more of a live "show" that the bands seemed to play a little less frequently, and as I said, scenes can go years without crisscrossing, shows of different scenes end up conflicting with each other. Baader Brains Just had a new record " New Era Hope Colony" 12" finally released on Ebullition / Clean Plate in October.
Sarah left such a huge legacy and enormous wealth of recorded Material, But the huge loss for the Bay Area and world Punk Community is really hard to express, as it's lost a special and unique person who offered one of it's most prolific and constant voices.R.I.P.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
These are up and available for order at Prank's Big Cartel Store: As well as Up later today at DISCOGS: And are also available at No Idea, Ebulliton, Havoc, Feral Ward, Revolver USA and more.
ASTA KASK "MED IS I MAGEN" 12" PRANK 126
"MED IS I MAGEN" is the first 12" by Sweden's legendary punk band ASTA KASK, a cornerstone of Swedish Punk Rock and it's "Trallpunk" Genre - where lightning fast delivery of unrelenting melodic and upbeat punk is delivered hardcore tempo . Featuring many of the bands classic tracks "Psykiskt Instabil", "Till Far", "Valkommen Hem".
This was the band's Best selling release, though it has become a sought after collector's item since it's release in 1985. This is the first time the original 12" version has been re-pressed in it's debut format since it's initial Release. Maximum Rock'N' Roll #31 said n 1985 of the original Release "Yet another outstanding release from this Swedish band. With their tight musicianship, super instrumental hooks, rough lead vocals, and up-tempo sing-along choruses, they remind me of classic punk outfits from the late '70s like STIFF LITTLE FINGERS. ASTA KASK wouldn't know how to write a bad song, so don't ignore this 12".
This version Features a heavy weight sleeve and new lyric insert with liner notes and lyric explanations. Re-mastered by Peter En Betou with Lacquers cut by George Horn. ASTA KASK are still active as they near their 30th anniversary, headlining gigs in Sweden, Japan, Europe and the U.S.
FORWARD "WAR NUKE & DEATH SENTENCE" LP
Aggressive Melodic hardcore punk attack, Tokyo's FORWARD return with their first new LP since 2004's " Burn Down the Corrupt Justice" with catchy guitar riffs grounded in solid rhythms with intense gravel throated vocals from World Punk Legend, Ishiya! Their First LP with New Drummer Akiyama, FORWARD maintain a constant live Schedule in their native Japan and have honed these new tracks to make a solid collection of song-driven Anthems hammered with hardcore impact.
Lyrically the LP is poetically reflective and many of the songs address the situation of Post-Tsunami Japan. Formed in 1996 comprised of former members of DEATHSIDE, INSANE YOUTH and SYSTEMATIC DEATH, this is the band's Third full LP and follows a recent set of catalog re-issues on Prank. FORWARD returned to the US for their Third Stateside tour earlier this year.This vinyl edition comes house in a U/V gloss heavy weight sleeve with Mastering by Jack Control from WORLD BURNS TO DEATH/ ENORMOUS DOOR STUDIOS and Lacquer Cutting By George Horn.
ON TOUR/ UPCOMING SHOWS:
EFFLUXUS: NOV 13TH Sacramento, CA/ DEC 8TH Oakland, CA @ Subversion Fest
REPLICA: NOV 12TH Oakland, CA / NOV 24TH Sacramento, CA / DEC 9TH @Subversion Fest / DEC 20TH Oakland, CA
REPLICA / PERMANENT RUIN TOUR: JAN 1st 2013 Bakersfield, CA / JAN 2nd Santa Barbara, CA / JAN 3rd San Diego, CA/ JAN 4th Los Angeles, CA / JAN 5th Los Angeles, CA /JAN 6th San Jose, CA
NO STATIK : JAN 6th San Jose, CA / JAN 8th Olympia, WA / JAN 9th Vancouver, BC/ Jan 10th VIctoria, BC / Jan 11th Seattle, WA / JAN 12th Portland, OR / JAN 13th Oakland, CA
IRON LUNG: NOV 8th-11th Not Dead Fest , Toronto / JAN /FEB: AUSTRALIA/NZ / MAY : MDF / CHAOS IN TEJAS
ASTA KASK "ALDRIG EN" LP / HERATYS 7" / EFFLUXUS 7" / REPLICA 7"/ IRON LUNG "WHITE GLOVE TEST" 2XLP/CD / SLANG "GLORY OUT SHINES DOOM" LP / BUMBKLAAT NO STATIK 12" REPRESSES+ MORE.
01/24 - Sydney @ Blackwire Records w// Thorax + more
01/25 - Brisbane @ Sun Distortion Studios w// Last Chaos, Idyles
01/26 - Melbourne @ Gasometer w// Straightjacket Nation, Cut Sick & Nun
01/27 - Melbourne @ Gasometer w// True Rad (last ever show), Useless Children & Internal Rot
01/30 - Adelaide @ Animal House w// tba
NZ - Details coming soon
02/01 - Auckland
02/02 - Wellington
03/02 - Hamilton
"White Glove Test" will hopefully be available for the shows.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
EFFLUXUS "devoid" Ep out December . Effluxus are playing 10/18 W/ Iron Lung, The Process and Hunting Party at The Knockout iN SF, as part of the SUBVERSION fest in December at the oakland metro 12/8 and then touring in the spring with INFERNOH out to Chaos in Tejas.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Pushead did a similar, but maybe less focused list of 90's bands I can't locate, but I felt I wanted to make my own list, as the 1990's is often unfairly maligned decade, because the central narrative thread that dominated the 1980's unravelled into an explosion of micro-scenes, styles and ideas, and indeed that splintering of culture presaged the world We currently live in.
Depending on where you or your local scene was or was focused, you could have positive or negative views of the time, I have a really favorable view of the 90's because a lot of the things that were great about DIY hardcore I was involved with on some level - powerviolence, the start of Japanese bands coming to the US, and Sludgy down tuned hardcore. In doing this list, I think there are many more, generally consistent and better made records that came out in the last ten years, but I feel there's definitely more uniquely distinctive and creative bands from the 90's.
I omitted some of the great Punk stuff of the time ( Bikini kill, Garage stuff) from the time as well as Emo-y Fugazi and sub pop stuff. The 90's is hard decade as music splintered into all these different subsects, genres and scenes. There's a lot of mosh metal from this decade I side stepped completely in my personal listening..... There are some 80's bands that indeed, have better records in the 80's.
Anyway, I have done this list in similar spirit to Pushead's list: One release per band, IN NO ORDER:
BEST OF 90's
1) JUDGEMENT- NO REASON WHY 7" ( HG Fact)
2) IN/HUMANITY - The Nutty Antichrist -LP ( Passivfist, 1996)
3) HIS HERO IS GONE - 15 Counts of Arson-LP ( Prank 1996)
4) CROSSED OUT- S/T- EP ( SLap-a-ham, 1991)
5) NO COMMENT - Downsided- 7" ( Slap-a-ham Records, 1992)
6) BORN AGAINST - Nine Patriotic Hymns For Children- LP ( Vermiform, 1991)
7) LOS CRUDOS - La Rabia Nubla Nuestros Ojos... ( Lengua Armada, 1994)
8) WARHEAD-Cry Of Truth ( Self released, 1991)
9) NEANDERTHAL - FIghting Music-Ep ( Slap-a-ham, 1990)
10) DROPDEAD - S/T - LP ( selfless, 1993)
11) TOTALITAR - Sin Egen Motstandare- LP ( Finn Records, 1994)
12) DEATHSIDE - The WIll Never Die- 7" ( Devour Records, 1994)
13) FROM ASHES RISE - S/T- ( Great American Steak Religion, 1999)
14) FILTH / BLATZ "shit Split" LP ( Lookout, 1991)
15) SAIRAAT MIELET - Tippa Tappa- 7" ( Self released, 1991)
16) WOLFPACK - Lycanthropunk ( Distortion, 1997)
17) ANTICIMEX- Absolut Country Of Sweden ( CBR Records, Sweden 1990)
18) GLOOM - Speed Noise Hardcore Rags- 7" ( Crust war, 1994)
19) DEATHREAT - Severing Of The Last Barred Window- LP ( Partners in Crime, 1998)
20) KRIGSHOT - Maktmissbrukarne - LP ( Sound Pollution, 1999)
21) POST REGIMENT - Czarly- LP ( Skuld/ wai aye, 1996)
22) COPOUT - S/T- 7" ( Team Murder USA, 1993)
23) TALK IS POISON - Straight To Hell- 7" ( Prank, 1998)
24) HEROIN- S/T-12" ( Gravity/Vermiform, 1993)
25) CITIZEN'S ARREST - A light In The Darkness 7" ( Wardance, 1990)
26) GAUZE - 面を洗って出直して来い - LP ( xxx, 1997)
27) EXTREME NOISE TERROR -Phonophobia ( Vnyl Japan, 1991)
28) RORSCHACH - Remain Sedate - LP ( Vermiform, 1990)
29) NAUSEA - Extinction- LP ( Profane Existence, 1991)
30) NICE VIEW - S/T- ( Answer Records, 1997)
31) NEUROSIS - Word As Law LP ( lookout, 1990)
32) LOGICAL NONSENSE - Soul Pollution LP ( bun length / Tee Pee, 1995)
33) ELDOPA ( 1332) S/T -LP ( East Bay Menace, 1997)
34) MAN IS THE BASTARD - Thoughtless -LP ( Gravity Records, 1995)
35) DISCORDANCE AXIS- Ulterior- LP ( devour records, 1995)
36) GORDON SOLIE MOTHERFUCKERS - Chairshot Politics -7" ( River on Fire, 1998)
37) INTIAL STATE -Abort The Soul- LP ( Clearview Records, 1994)
38) SPAZZ - Dwarf Jester Rising- LP ( Clearview Records, 1994)
39) CAPITALIST CASAULTIES -Raised Ignorant- 7" ( Slap-a-ham, 1993)
40) THE GAIA - Kick Up Ass! CD ( sunshine Sherbert, 1994)
41) ECONOCHRIST - Trained To Serve- LP ( Vermiform,
42) SEEIN' RED - Marinus - 7" ( ebullition, 1994)
43) HEALTH HAZARD - S/T- 10" ( FLat Earth Records, 1994)
44) SCATHA- Respect, Protect, reconnect - LP ( FLat Earth, 1994)
45) DISCLOSE - Tragedy- LP ( Overthrow Records, 1994)
46) ORCHID - Chaos is Me - LP ( Ebullition, 1999)
47) EUCHARIST S/T ( Mountain, 1996)
48) DAMAD - Rewind/Manmade- 7" ( Bacteria Sour, 1997)
49) ANTISCHISM - Still Life -LP( Allied Recordings, 1991)
50) BUZZOVEN - Sore -LP ( Roadrunner Records, 1994)
51) INTEGRITY - System Overload- LP ( Victory, 1994)
52) DISFEAR - Soul Scars - LP ( Distortion, 1995)
53) KORT PROCESS - 1994 -EP ( Heartfirst, 1994)
54) UNION OF URANUS 2x7" ( Great American Steak Religion,)
55) JIN'RIK'SHA - End Present- 2X7" ( Heartfirst, 1999)
56) SO MUCH HATE - Lies- LP ( X-MIST, 1993)
57) MOSS ICON / SILVER BEARING - Split LP ( Vermin Scum, 1991)
58) UNIVERSAL ORDER OF ARMAGEDDON - City- 7" ( Vermin Scum, 1993)
59) JOHN HENRY WEST- John Henry West- 7" ( Gravity, 1994)
60) BASTARD - WInd Of Pain 12" ( Blood sucker, 1992)
61) V/A- STARVING DOG EATS MASTER- LP ( Blood Sucker, 1991)
62) INSANE YOUTH - Not Give A damn - EP ( Blood Sucker, 1994)
63) S.D.S. - Scum System Kill - 7" ( Mangrove, 1996)
64) ARMIA - Legenda- LP ( Wifon, 1991)
65) ASSUCK - Anticapital- LP ( Sound Pollution, 1991)
66) UNCURBED - Peace, punk, love , life and other stories...LP ( Sound Pollution, 1998)
67) DAMNATION A.D. - No More Dreams of Happy Endings - LP ( Jade Tree, 1995)
68) FRAMTID - 8 Track -Ep ( Crust War, 1999)
69) THE PIST - Ideas Are bullet Proof - LP ( Elevator Music, 1995)
70) CHRIST ON A CRUTCH - Crime Pays When Pigs Die- LP ( New Red Archives, 1991)
71) UUTUUS - Systeemin Rattaissa- EP ( Genet, 1994)
72) AUS ROTTEN - Fuck Nazi Sympathy - 7" ( Havoc records, 1994)
73) GRIMPLE - Up Your Ass! - LP ( M&E, 1994)
74) NAILED DOWN - VIolent Distortion- 3" CD ( Profane Existence Far East, 1995)
75) HELLNATION - Colonized - LP ( SOund Pollution Records, 1993)
76) OTTAWA / JIHAD -Split LP ( Council Records, 1994)
77) OUT COLD - S/t- LP ( Lowell Records, 1994)
78) DOOM - "Rush Hour Of the Gods" ( – 教祖ラッシュ) LP ( Flat Earth, 1996)
79) POISON IDEA - "Feel the Darkness" LP ( American leather, 1990)
80) BURN - S/T -7" ( Revelation Records, 1990)
81) DEAD AND GONE -S/T 7" ( Vinyl communications, 1994)
82) SCROTUM GRINDER - S/T -7" ( Burrito Records, 1997)
83) DEFORMED CONSCIENCE - Constant Strife- EP ( Adversity records, 1993)
84) BATTALION OF SAINTS A.D. - Hells Around The Corner 7" ( Taang, 1995)
85) C.F.D.L. - Atrocity Exhibition- 7" ( Standard of Rebellion, 1990)
86) CHARLES BRONSON - Youth Attack! - LP ( Lengua Armada, 1997)
87) EXTINCT GOVERNMENT - Wankers 7" ( overthrow Records, 1997)
88) COLLAPSE SOCIETY - EP ( Overthrow Records, 1994)
89) NINE SHOCKS TERROR - Zen And The Art OF Beating Your Ass- LP ( Devour, 1998)
90) DEVOID OF FAITH - Slow Motion Enslavement- EP ( Coalition, 1997)
91) CRESS - Monuments- LP ( Flat Earth Records, 1998)
92) DISRUPT" Unrest" CD ( Relapse, 1994)
93) EXCRUCIATING TERROR - Expression of Pain - CD ( Theologian, 1996)
94) V/A- START A RIOT -LP ( CLean Plate Records, 1995)
95) CROW - Door To The End 12" ( Crow records, 1998)
96) D.S.B. - Wings Continue To Strive With Unchanged Mind - LP ( BLood Sucker Records, 1998
97) D.S. 13 - aborted Teen Generation 7" ( Busted Heads, 1998)
98) CHAIN OF STRENGTH - What Holds Us Apart 7" ( first Strike records, 1991)
99) MEANWHILE - Road To Hell - CD ( we bite records, 1996)
100) STATE OF FEAR - Wallow In Squalor- 7" ( Profane existence, 1995)
Thanks to folks at Secret punk rock Mssg board for a few Suggestions.
I really need a longer list for the 1990's, too many worthy records, bands and people. Apologies for any omissions and please suggest good records. Back with a 00's list soon.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Most Records in that Nineties period were pressed in the thousands- and big DIY hardcore records from the time would easily sell 10,000-20,000 + copies. Even in the early 00's Records would be pressed multiple times, something that seems to rarely happen now as records transition- for most people outside of collectors and older fans- to an adjunct collectible representation of a download , and are seemingly pressed around a break even point of 500 copies. THe micro-pressings of 300 to me seem like the most insane thing, where there's not even an outreach to try to reach a broader audience - which does require a bit of effort- so it's basically like the Records don't even exist. Same time, the broad availability of downloads, youtube and other sources completely alters the equation. I've never been able to fathom the idea of making your music hard to get / ultra-limited as a promotional means, as it seems counterintuitive to the entire spirit of hardcore, which was to spread ideas, infect people's minds with them and take over.
However, one thing that completely fueled the surging wave of 00's hardcore - particularly interest the stripped down 80's hardcore, European Thrash and Japanese harcore was the music finally became broadly distributed beyond having to write some one overseas with a tape or record trade and wait a month or two to hear it or dig through record bins for a few years to finally find a copy. Finally all this Great music was available for people instantly. It does poses a broader question of fatigue of having such a cultural overload of music that will ALWAYS be available, piled on 30 years of punk history of a genre, with an easy template to continually produce more. Anyway, Pot of coffee's almost gone and Better get on it.
Monday, September 24, 2012
12. Seattle, WA @ Black Lodge w/ NUDITY, ANHEDONIST, BONE SICKNESS
13. Portland, OR @ Black Water Records w/ CRIMINAL CODE, FUNERAL PARADE
14. Olympia, WA @ Le Voyeur w/ VAGRANT
16. Reno, NV @ Holland Project w/ ELEPHANT RIFLE, PISSMIXER
17. Sacramento/Davis, CA @ TBA w/ TBA
18. San Francisco, CA @ Knockout (21+) w/ HUNTING PARTY, EFFLUXUS
19. Oakland, CA @ Sugar Mountain w/ GEHENNA, REPLICA, BADR VOGU
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
NO STATIK "Everywhere You Aren't Looking" LP
A chaotic Swirl Blasting at extreme velocity, the San Francisco Bay Area's NO STATIK's debut 10 -song LP is a torrent of rapid fire drum attack, Searing guitar leads and harsh vocals. NO STATIK 's Sound draws from the Fast, Chaotic hardcore sound of the 1990's as the band's long pedigree maps DIY hardcore scene of the last two decades- Members previously played in SCROTUM GRINDER, MOMENTO MORI, IMPETUS INTER, LOOK BACK AND LAUGH, DESTROY!, ARTIMUS PYLE, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?, END OF THE CENTURY PARTY, MURDER SUICIDE-PACT, JUD JUD, FUCKFACE, CONQUEST FOR DEATH, SCHOLASTIC DETH, but combines diverse elements of all those past, present and future sounds to ignite another level of Sonic Mayhem. Bleak lyrics frame this outing, as the single track A-Side has the band again experimenting... with Ambient near Horror Movie Soundtrack type eerieness. Recorded at Earhammer and Mastered at George Horn. NO STATIK Will play PrankFest4 September 1st.
TRACK LISTING: A1. UNCLARIFIED B1. UNITS B2. TRAINWRECK B3. SIGH OF RELIEF B4. EVERYWHERE YOU AREN'T LOOKING B5. POMPOUS WORDS AND PICTURES OF THINGS B6. WE ALL DIE IN THE END B7. REGRETTABLY B8. EARNEST B9. CLARIFIED DISTILLED RECOMPOSED.
STILL AVAILABLE: PRANK 122 NO STATIK "No Hospice" 7"
FORWARD " Just Go Forward To Death" LP PRANK 134
Tokyo, Japan's FORWARD Formed in 1996 after the break up of Legendary Tokyo Hardcore band DEATHSIDE, with Lead singer Ishiya and Bassist You joining New members from INSANE YOUTH and KGS to start a new band that would continue "Forward" with new Punk sounds. With an edgy, raw hardcore attack, "JUST GO FORWARD TO DEATH" was a culmination of those early years of the band, and was released in 2000 on the H.G. FACT label. One of the band's Milestone releases with some of the band's most classic tracks such as "Revolution", What's The Meaning Of Love?". "Set Me Free", as well as the title track, all marked by the band's boisterous vocals, catchy guitar leads and sturdy, pounding rhythm section. This Lp was never released in the U.S., has been out of print on vinyl in Japan for years and is newly Re-mastered in time for FORWARD'S early summer tour of the Southwest and West Coast, the third time this Legendary band has toured the states and first time since their 2006 tour with TRAGEDY.
TRACK LISTING: A1) SHOCKED MORE!! A2) JUST GO FORWARD TO DEATH A3) REVOLUTION A4) GO TO DIVE A5) THRILL HOLIC A6) SET ME FREE B1) FRUSTRATION DAYS B2) WHAT ARE YOU GONNA GET? B3) TOO HARD BLUE B4) RAW B5) WHAT'S THE MEANING OF LOVE?
FORWARD " What's The Meaning Of Love?" LP PRANK 135
From the forefront of the Japanese Hardcore Scene of the Last 15 years, FORWARD's fierce hardcore was first released on a series of Singles, EP's and Compilation appearances in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Collecting the entire tracks from their "Feel The Core Of Self" 7", "Act Then Decide" 7", "We Need The Truth" CD-EP, "What Are You gonna Get" 7" and rare compilation appearances for the first time in a remastered collection from the original Sound sources, shows the band defining it's sound of tough vocalled, stripped down hardcore, flourished with guitar solos and melody.
TRACK LISTING A1) GO FOR BROKE A2) ABSOLUTELY A3) REALLY SATISFIED? A4) BURN UP A5) WHAT ARE YOU GONNA GET? A6) GO TO DIVE A7) GHOUL ( Live) B1) WHAT'S THE MEANING OF LOVE? B2) YES, I DO B3) I HATE ALONE B4) NO MERCY B5) WE NEED THE TRUTH B6) MUGEN ( Live)
REALITY CRISIS "Not Bound By The Past We Live In The Present" LP PRANK 132 / MCR-262LP NOT EXPORTABLE TO JAPAN
Explosive hardcore from Nagoya, Japan REALITY CRISIS take harsh dual vocals that ho, screamed, shout, and powerfully punch atop bombastic hardcore, fuel it with titanic pounding build ups and blast everything into raging hardcore songs that strike an intensely pointed balance between straight forward thrashing and a descent into noisy Chaos. This new LP features re-recordings of older tracks from the band's various deleted EP's and compilation tracks, completely re-recorded and re-mastered by the band's current line up. Their third Domestic US Release in addition to an appearance on Prank's US press of the "Nagoya City Hardcore" Compilation LP, REALITY CRISIS returned to the US for their second time recently and first appearance at Austin's Chaos in Tejas Festival. Split release with Japan's MCR label.
TRACK LISTING: A1) INTRO A2) STAY FREE A3) SORE A4) RISE AGAIN MAKE YOU BURNING A5) NO DEFEAT B1) HATEFUL WALL B2) WHO IS YOUR MESSIAH? B3) ENGRAVE B4) ANNO DOMINI
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
A chaotic Swirl Blasting at extreme velocity, the San Francisco Bay Area's NO STATIK's debut 10 -song LP is a torrent of rapid fire drum attack, Searing guitar leads and harsh vocals. NO STATIK 's Sound draws from the Fast, Chaotic hardcore sound of the 1990's as the band's long pedigree maps DIY hardcore scene of the last two decades- Members previously played in SCROTUM GRINDER, MOMENTO MORI, IMPETUS INTER, LOOK BACK AND LAUGH, DESTROY!, ARTIMUS PYLE, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?, END OF THE CENTURY PARTY, MURDER SUICIDE-PACT, JUD JUD, FUCKFACE, CONQUEST FOR DEATH, SCHOLASTIC DETH, but combines diverse elements of all those past, present and future sounds to ignite another level of Sonic Mayhem. Bleak lyrics frame this outing, as the single track A-Side has the band again experimenting... with Ambient near Horror Movie Soundtrack type eerieness. Recorded at Earhammer and Mastered at George Horn. NO STATIK is on tour in the Southwest and West Coast In May and June
B3. SIGH OF RELIEF
B4. EVERYWHERE YOU AREN'T LOOKING
B5. POMPOUS WORDS AND PICTURES OF THINGS
B6. WE ALL DIE IN THE END
B9. CLARIFIED DISTILLED RECOMPOSED.
NO STATIK ON TOUR:
MAY 31ST @ CHAOS IN TEJAS at RED 7 W/ Nasum, White Horse, Gas Chamber
JUNE 2nd @ CHAOS IN TEJAS at Prank Records Annual Breakfast show
JUNE 3rd @ CHAOS IN TEJAS at End of An Ear Rumpshaker Zine new issue release party.
JUNE 4th Las Cruces,NM at The Trainyard w/ Forward
JUNE 5th Phoenix,AZ at the Inner City Youth Center 17 S. 32nd St. w/ Forward, Napalm Raid and the Avon Ladies
JUNE 6th Long Beach,CA at Dipiazzas 5205 E Pacific Coast Hwy. Long Beach, CA 90804 w/ Forward, Zoloa, Kruel and Trench Rot
JUNE 7th Pomona,CA at Aladdin Jr w/ Forward
JUNE 8th San Francisco,CA at the Knockout 3233 Mission Street w/ Forward
JUNE 9th Oakland, CA at 1234 go! Records After Noon show W/ Hunting Party.
PRANK 118 NO STATIK "We All DIe In The End" 12" EP
PRANK 122 NO STATIK "No Hospice" 7"
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
THE BORN UGLYS is a new band from Greg Valencia, guitarist and sometimes vocalist in GRIMPLE, ELDOPA1332 and WATCH THEM DIE and returns to the melodic roots of early 90's New Mexico Hardcore like early GRIMPLE, the earliest, melodic LOGICAL NONSENSE recordings or the punkier moments of the classic early 90's Lookout catalog like FILTH, CRIMPSHRINE or BLATZ. Jason Nipples From CROSS STITCHED EYES, THE ENEMYS , ALARIC Joins on Drums and Dutch From Prank's wildest new Mexico Export, WORD SALAD joins on bass, so there's still an abrasive blasting hardcore edge and a searing solo or three. 4 Tracks, including a cover of an unreleased LOGICAL NONSENSE track. First pressing of 380 copies on Red Vinyl.
You can get from our store at the Big cartel: http://www.prankrecords.bigcartel.com/